I’ve been on the road for a month! And… I haven’t worked very hard to get myself into an Internet cafe and posting every leg of the trip like I want to. Like I still plan to do. But here’s a snapshot of the past month, plus a preview of the next three weeks, as determined by the airplane tickets in my possession:
Jeju, South Korea (1月28日 – 1月31日): A full blown world of its own, Jeju was a warm and personal slice of Korea
Kyoto, Japan (2月28日 – 3月7日): Temple hopping in the Kansai region
Vietnam (3月18日 – 3月27日): Vietnam was the perfect combination of tourist favorites and meeting awesome people.
- 2 Days and 1 Night in Ha Long Bay
- Took the train to Quy Nhon and the bus to Pleiku
Cambodia (3月27日 – 4月3日): I spent most of my time in Siem Reap and Angkor Wat, much to the detriment of my impression of this country.
- Whipped across northern Cambodia in two days
- Siem Reap and Angkor Wat
Laos (4月3日 – 4月16日): I really like Laos. Considering that I got scammed and robbed in this country, that’s surprising.
- Got scammed on the border with Cambodia
- Don Det in the Four Thousand Islands
- Pakse and Wat Phu Champasak
- Vientiane, where I got robbed
- Luang Prabang and the beautiful Kuang Si Waterfalls
- The remote village of Huay Bo
- Two day run to the Huay Xay / Chiang Khong border with Thailand, including a Lao New Year party in Pak Mong
Thailand (4月16日 – 4月23日)
- Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai
Myanmar (4月23日 – 4月29日)
Thailand/Malaysia (4月29日 – 5月6日)
Singapore (5月6日 – 5月7日)
Sarawak, Malaysia (5月7日 – 5月10日)
Taipei, Taiwan (5月17日 – 5月20日)
Palawan, Philippines (5月21日 – 5月26日)
Seattle, WA, United States (5月28日 – )
I still need to book my flight to Washington DC.
My mother told me that they finally sorted out the Palawan trip I’d been asking for since the beginning of the year. This was at about the time I was starting to feel the exhaustion of sprinting through three countries in one month. But that is just the nature of the awesome adventure I get to have. I’m just going to embrace it and let this beast take me for a ride.