Standing in a future fulfilled, by the end of 2017…
1. I have spoken with my Mom/family at least once per day.
2. I have made a few short films (at least 1 or 2, but really want 3 or 4).
3. I have danced more.
About half as many as the last couple of years, but accomplishing these things would have such massive ripple effects in my life. Let’s go!
It’s time to check what I said at the beginning of the year and whether I accomplished it or not.
Here’s what I’m looking to create in the year 2016! If these showed up in my life in 2016, my life would be a tad sweeter. Standing in a future fulfilled, by the end of 2016:
1. I worked or am working on Capitol Hill.
2. I live in Washington DC in my own apartment.
3. I am a business owner.
4. I have acted in at least one play (or more).
5. I have visited New Orleans with friends.
I’ll admit to something a little ugly and imperfect, Internet: when my ex chose to exit my life in late 2014, I promised myself I would make it the best thing that had ever happened to me. Ha, and I made good on it to the enth degree! I turned 2015 into a monster year, and easily my best one yet. Let’s break it down:
Here are my intentions for 2015. Since my last experiment with intentions (set here and examined here), I’ve learned a bit more about how to create these and put more power behind them. Namely, by going bigger and being more specific. Some of the things in this list are already in motion!
1. I will travel to Japan and Southeast Asia, connecting with people and playing music along the way. I declared five countries for 2014, and for 2015 I am declaring ten: South Korea, Japan, the Philippines, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Indonesia and Taiwan with options for other countries.
2. Hurricane Cat will be making landfall in Washington DC and taking on Landmark’s Team, Management and Leadership Program.
3. I will have a job in DC that I am passionate about and lets me bring people together and connect them. It pays me well and allows me to travel.
4. I will visit New York City and see a musical on Broadway. In fact, some of my work will be in New York City.
5. I will have an abundance of money, maximize my IRA, and pay off my debt.
6. I will be in an extraordinary relationship with my extraordinary life partner by the end of the year.